If you are interested in Yoga for spiritual benefits or for health and fitness, Power Yoga can provide both. Synchronous breathing with strong, flowing movement combines with a hot, high-energy workout. Different from other style, Power Yoga is based on a choreographed sequence of poses (called asanas). These asanas flow into one another, creating a moving dance. Joints unwind in the process, muscles are release, and energy is moved. Throughout the practice, a person builds strength, flexibility, and mental focus with the final result being a release of tension.
The Physical Benefits of Power Yoga Benefits:
- It increases flexibility, strength, and stamina.
- It eliminates toxins.
- It improves posture and reduces back pain:.
- It provides an alternative method for strengthening your bones.
- Power yoga increases blood flow. Yoga thins the blood by making platelets less sticky and reducing the level of clot-promoting proteins.
- It promotes weight loss; the body burn (approximately 200 calories an hour)and is building lean muscle mass, which raises basal metabolic rate
The Mental Benefits of Power Yoga:
- Power yoga improves your mood: GABA is a brain chemical in which low levels are linked to depression. Practicing power yoga increases levels of the brain chemical GABA by 27%.
- It improves self-image and confidence.
- It helps you stress less.
- Power Yoga improves quality of sleep longer each night after two months of doing a 45-minute Yoga improves concentration and memory
Other Yoga forms: